Mawkish for the Nonce

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Those Hard-to-Clean Corners



Does anyone know how to clean the insides of the holes of a toothpaste holder? A porcelain one?

I tried this morning -- it was fairly tricky.

I'm just sittng here drinking wine because I'm too depressed not to, even though wine makes me fat.

Have you ever felt really depressed after some great highlight of your life? For instance, last Thursday I actually edited the 26 minutes of film I shot down to just over 7 minutes, all in order, and with some good, precise edits. I figured out the intricacies of iMovie. I learned to space ahead in teensy fractions of a second to cut at just the right place. I sat at my kitchen table editing for hours and hours -- I didn't want to stop to eat, I didn't want to stop at all.

Now I've slid into some massive trough. I feel like A.J. Soprano. Watching the Sopranos last night was so harrowing. I lay on my couch feeling some hideous darkness seeping through me. The show is like that. It's like there is nothing decent in the entire world. A.J.'s point of view seems correct, and jumping into a swimming pool with a cement block tied to your neck also seemed correct.

Ricky Gervais did a lot of material I already knew well from his dvd, Politics. I guess he thought no one in the States would know that stuff. Plus the sound sucked.

6 Comments:

Blogger beckett said...

You gave up on the links?

That's all. Just stopping by to say hello.

Hello.

8:55 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

I've been too busy for the links. Coping with too much other technology.

Did you get my Scrabble invitation? You have ignored two now.

5:39 AM

 
Blogger beckett said...

No? Maybe they are getting caught up in my spam filter. I'll have a look.

9:10 PM

 
Blogger vacuous said...

Immerse the toothpaste holder in water and add a couple of denture cleaning tablets. Works wonderfully. Or, if you have a dishwasher, stick it in the dishwasher. :)

12:25 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

Hm - vacuous, you must not be familiar with the old-fashioned porcelain toothbrush holder that is anchored to the wall.

There's no snapping that baby on and off!

Thanks for coming back -- I was worried I was sounding too un-Buddhistical for you. Too crybaby, always wanting something I can't have. Why do I not immerse myself in a Buddhist practice, like you? My only answer, a feeble one, is I think I have less free time than you. Weak, I know.

3:56 PM

 
Blogger vacuous said...

Hee hee. Now I can picture that kind of toothbrush holder! There go my wonderful innovative ideas that I stole from someone else.

Is "un-Buddhistical" a word!? One of my readers uses the term "Buddhistic," which seems to be already turning an adjective into an...adjective. But then "Buddhistical" does it again! I'm just giving you a hard time for no good reason.

8:01 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home