Mawkish for the Nonce

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

I'm Trying I'm Trying I'm Trying I'm Trying



beckett suggested recently that I fix my links list so it doesn't say "Edit Me" anymore. All right, I tried. I managed to write the urls of some friends' blogs over the "Edit Me" phrases. But they weren't the tidy little links beckett and his ilk make, and they weren't actually links. You couldn't click on them and go anywhere.

Okay, so today, home again with my cold, I doodled around on some html sites trying to find instructions for hyperlinks. They were there, they were just too cryptic for me. I cut and pasted a few formulas but I didn't get anywhere. Except! In the course of trying to add the right code to the smarterstronger blog url, I actually did make it into a link! Now I just have to get it to be small and cute, like other people's links, and to be a different color, like other people's links.

I know how you feel about my efforts, beckett. You pity me. If you don't outright ridicule me. I know because I could see those links sitting there, not really links, but stupid urls, and they looked to me like something my mother would do. And I would pity and ridicule her for something like that. When she first got a computer, she would try to type the address of a site into the Google search bar, and things like that. "How can you be so clueless?" I would think, stifling my laughter, or not, as I corrected her. But I know that's how you feel toward my ignorance because someone like you can't physically believe someone else could be so out of it in terms of links.

Note, though, I am doing better with italics.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home