Mawkish for the Nonce

Saturday, May 19, 2007

Where Is Everybody?

Readers,
Are you stunned by my newfound prolixity? It's because I have a real, dependable, I-pay-for-it Internet conenction now. It leads to way too much time on the Internet and too many long posts.

Did I say too much about the Palmetto bugs? It seemed wordy, but yet it was a really profoundly ghastly situation.

More on vermin: I have all these little moths flying around. They're easy to kill by clapping my hands on them but they bother me, they kind of plague my peace of mind.

So this morning I went to the hardware store and bought a "moth trap" which is really a glorified fly strip with a "pheromone square." As I was setting it up, the moths became very excited. They were all crowding around. I couldn't wait for them to get on that strip and die. But instead they just flew around randomly. Finally one alit on the glue and flapped frantically. Quickly it ceased its motion and collapsed into a brown smear. "Unpleasant, isn't it?" I said. I can't believe how cold I've gotten.

I hope a lot more will have died that way when I get home.

Hope everyone's doing well!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home