Mawkish for the Nonce

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Am I the Only One Out There Who Gives a Toss About Colin Farrell?





It sure seems like it.

Colin is struggling with weakness and temptation. Hasn't anyone else gone through that? Is there no empathy for this troubled member of the human family?

Do you imagine you wouldn't go some distance down the slippery slope if you were in a similar situation to him?

Let's not be complacent and shut people like Colin Farrell out of our thoughts. He needs us, as we need his sensitive presence in silly commercial blockbusters. This is life, people! Not some fairy tale. Let's meditate on Colin's demons, his addiction to cigarettes and alcohol, as much as we welcome the presence of growing green things and bright sunshine.

No man is an island, and this also applies to Colin Farell.

3 Comments:

Blogger beckett said...

I can never tell if you're being serious about this sort of stuff.

I'm at least partly convinced that you do in fact feel sorry for Colin.

10:57 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

I do feel sorry for him, but this post was mostly a joke because no one had commented on my earlier Colin Farrell post.

8:03 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't feel sorry for him but I could potentially feel sorry for you for feeling sorry for him. I feel sorry for Vince Vaughn. When did you get back fromthe Evil West Coast?

1:57 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home