Mawkish for the Nonce

Friday, September 29, 2006

Haven't Got the Faintest I.D.

It's my last day at work. One thing I'm finding weird is parting with things I've been trained to find essential for 3 1/2 years. I just gave my i.d. pass to the HR person -- a pass I had to struggle to remember so many times.

In a minute I'll enter my week of last job numbers and then my book for recording my job numbers will go in the trash. My boss persuaded me to use a calendar for the job numbers and it organized my life amazingly. It was one of the few areas of life where I kept things in order.

Sniff!

It's just that office life trains you like a dog to function efficiently. If you aren't efficient by nature ... well, you see where I'm going with this.

On the other hand, Dr. Johnson said the only good ideas were born out of idleness.

Right on.

I'm looking forward to letting my mind drift the way it has to to let creative ideas filter in. You have to sit around a ton. You go for walks but not power walks. Wanders, more like. WIth pastries.

3 Comments:

Blogger La Misma said...

hi beckett

6:55 PM

 
Blogger beckett said...

now that you've got nothing but free time, you've stopped posting?

2:23 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

Blogging is for babies!

No. The reasons I haven't blogged are many. But one is my undependable connection here in the apt. I did start one and got my photo ready but it wouldn't upload and... y'know. The fun goes out of it.

also, it's hard adjusting to this weird, workless existence. I have been disoriented and anxious. Not what I expected.

11:18 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home