Mawkish for the Nonce

Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Other Day I Learned



I saw Dean Wareham (lead singer and songwriter of Luna) at the Film Forum where we were both seeing Vivre Sa Vie by Godard, and he was even more dazzlingly light-blue-eyed and handsome than his photos but he's shorter than you'd think after seeing him onstage.

I loved the movie; it feels weird, though, to run into famous people when you go downtown to catch an afternoon movie. It gives me a jolt that's not totally pleasurable. I want to be lost in other anonymous people; seeing famous people is like being in high school again, seeing someone who reminds you you aren't one of the really cool people.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you can tell he's short from the proportions of his face.

9:34 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home