Mawkish for the Nonce

Sunday, February 18, 2007

Spring Is Here








This weekend I:

- Played my 9/11 song for my friend Chris
- Listened to my friend Chris's 9/11 song
- Bonded with Chris over how we feel generally about 9/11 songs (we don't like them)
- Reminisced with my friend Chris about people we grew up with in Ottawa
- Made Chris watch three episodes of Extras (but he liked them)
- Made the coffee too strong and was a nervous wreck all weekend
- Liked Chris's new songs about his new girlfriend
- Got help from Chris on an unfinished song about my ex-boyfriend
- Laughed with Chris at Justin Timberlake dancing in a giant soup cup on SNL (though I wouldn't
have laughed on my own)
- Had insomnia
- Rode in Chris's car with Chris, swore off cars for good
- Drank good beer and ate nachos with Chris in a pub in Soho
- Was able to ride in car again briefly
- Saw Chris's friend Dan Bryk play at the Living Room
- Took subway home -- cars terrify me

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what you mean -- it does sometimes flash through my head that your friend or whoever it is driving has your damn life in their hands. It's yucky, and since I don't know how to drive at all, it's mysterious and slightly terrifying to drive in other's people's cars.

3:32 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

@I can drive, but being driven has always made me a basket case. Now it's worse. It seems to be a trust issue. I'm scared when I'm driving, too, but at least think I can react correctly to sudden hazards. I don't think my friends/mother/sister/boyfriends have a clue, it seems.

This annoys everyone uniformly.

5:23 AM

 
Blogger beckett said...

I am a little disappointed to know that it was not only my driving that struck terror within you.

Harumph.

6:06 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

You're fast, beckett, but speed isn't the only thing about being driven in a car that freaks me out.

I think it's birth trauma, to be honest. Hurtling through channels I have not chosen. No one is looking out for me. Disaster is coming.

10:49 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home