Mawkish for the Nonce

Monday, January 29, 2007

PSA

Group,
La Misma can not keep going forever without response of any kind.

Pistolgal is nice enough to write fairly often. Apart from that, where is everyone?

Where is beckett? vacuous, have you stopped dropping by? creampuff, I haven't heard from you for yonks. Why have you all deserted me?

Were you put off by excessive self-analysis? Did a professed intention to "lighten things up" seem undercut by mention of suicidal ideation? Was the second to last post (now erased) too bathetic?

Remember, the theme of this blog is mawkishness. This is where I can be as mawkish as I want to be. And oh God, can I be mawkish.

I recoil at other people's mawkishness. I dislike several of Lars von Triers's movies because I think they push the wretchedness of the characters to such an extreme that it stops being moving. It's bathetic.

While I am mawkish, I try not to be bathetic. That's why I deleted my second-to-last post. Even I could feel a certain distaste at the mewling self-loathing on display, paired with a nursery-rhyme-style sunshininess and veiled plea for love. Ick. I can only imagine how soiled you, my readers, felt when you ... if you ... if you happened to read it.

Is that post why you have stopped coming?

I miss you. Oops -- bathos.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's January, it's cold, everyone's sick, and I'm staring at the calendars I surround myself with, just willing February into being. Everyone is in the same boat at the end of January; don't feel isolated or abandoned. Instead, feel comforted by your participation in the greater loneliness.

7:48 AM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

12:42 PM

 
Blogger David Dodd Lee said...

Where is thw mawkish post? Did I
arrive to the party late again?
What's with the deleted comment here? Why is everyone being so hesitant? This is La Misma's blog.
Everyone is welcome, and whatever you've done we forgive you. That's an order.

11:44 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I visit but don't always write. I am not put off at all by the way you post -- god, if anything I admire your analyses and ardor. I practically never write at length about anything anymore and I am wowed by your commitment to writing. I have a little postit onmy compu at home that says "never, ever throw in the towel" and it helps me to soldier on sometimes.

by the way I tried to post the above early this morning and it wasn't accepted by the site!

11:49 AM

 
Blogger beckett said...

Hello.

I wish I could see the mawkish post, too. I'm a pretty big Lars von Trier fan.

Even if I did just spell his name wrong.

9:20 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

Well, you'll have to drop by more often if you want to catch more of my self-pity, beckett and david d. lee!

The early bird gets the worm.

Thank you for writing, everybody, thank you.

I wasn't sure I spelled Lars Von Triers right either.

7:35 AM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

Oh and pistolgal, the site has recently been changed over to something Google-run. I know, I'm as confused as you are. Why are Google running blogs now? They're everywhere. Anyway, I have a new sign-in and password so maybe it's a new mechanism for everyone? Sorry you had trouble posting.

I love your humility. It makes me feel ike a million bucks. And yes, don't throw in the towel, ever. Throw in the dowl, if necessary.

7:39 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Guys
Do not miss your chance to get a free ipad. Visit http://bit.ly/cmmVr7

11:23 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just couldn't depart your site before suggesting that I extremely enjoyed the usual information an individual supply in your visitors? Is going to be again ceaselessly in order to inspect new posts

Also visit my weblog ... social bookmarks service

2:17 PM

 
Blogger  Yasmin Abdullah said...

شركة تنظيف شقق بحفر الباطن


شركة تنظيف شقق بالدمام


شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر

9:11 AM

 
Blogger MAGDY.. said...

افضل شركه تنظيف بالرياض افضل العماله المدربه علي اعلي مستوي وافضل ادوات التعقيم والتنظيف بالرياض شركه الشامل افضل الاسعار والخصومات

شركة تنظيف منازل بالرياض

5:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home