Mawkish for the Nonce

Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Oh Crumb



I exaggerated everything, below.

It really isn't that big a deal!

I've started doing yoga. It is nothing like what the picture suggests. I used to think it was MAINLY sitting still, breathing and tuning in to the cosmos. It turns out it's almost NEVER that. You're upside down most of the time, leaning on your hands, or lunging forward with your arms over your head, or "leaping" your feet between your hands so you can rise up, swoop up your arms again, drop over and lunge again. Then you do that again, much sooner than you're ready to.

I've been to two classes so far. They're awesome. I feel fantastic afterwards. Loosened and lightened and pulled open in ways I never have been.

So, my point is, anyone who can get through two yoga classes is on the path to enlightenment. Worldly rewards, like invitations to artist colonies, don't matter.

I think I really threw out some dark karma there and I hope I've erased it by pledging myself to an INNER truth.

Anyone who knows how to do italics in Blogger, please contact me.

2 Comments:

Blogger La Misma said...

Good for you, La Misma! I think you've taken a big step forward.

All the best,
La Misma

10:15 AM

 
Blogger beckett said...

tee he.

Italics are easy.

The feeling of both posts rings true!

2:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home