Mawkish for the Nonce

Thursday, February 07, 2008

Today I Learned



Just when you've lost everything, you find that you can always lose a little more.

Just tryin' to get to Heaven before they close the door.

Yesterday I learned about some fungus called Aspergillus. I had an interview at a medical editing place. Are things like Aspergillus cap'd? You have to know what reference book to look it up in, first, which means you have to know whether it's a disease, a drug, a bacteria, a phylum, or what-all.

If you bailed on Science early, like I did, you're sunk.

2 Comments:

Blogger beckett said...

Sorry for your troubles.

When I did that little bit of medical editing I used to do, I was always terrified they'd figure out that I had no clue what was going on. I felt perpetually incompetent.

9:35 PM

 
Blogger La Misma said...

Thanks, b.

Medical editing is intimidating, and I don't know how people get into it. You're supposed to have the knowledge when you start, so there is no learning curve.

4:47 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home